Make an Appointment
Overview of podiatric physical exam
During a routine podiatric physical examination, your doctor will complete various checks of your feet and ankles. A basic routine will most likely include:
- Hands-on examination – Doctor will feel feet for abnormalities and tender areas.
- Movement assessment – Mobility of the feet and ankle will be checked.
- Muscle appraisal – Through various tests, doctor will check for muscle strength.
- Other tests – If the doctor suspects a particular condition, additional condition-specific tests may be performed.
- Stability evaluation – The stability of the ankle will be tested.
- Visual inspection of:
- Shoes for abnormal wear patterns.
- Walking gait to check for abnormal step patterns.
- Overall foot shape to look for deformity or other abnormality.
- Skin condition.
- Health of toe nails.
- Limb alignment.
If you are suffering from continual pain or discomfort in your ankles, feet, or lower legs, schedule an appointment for a podiatric examination as soon as possible.